Engberts has developed a test system to test the functions of various models of a special ballast for a renowned manufacturer of lighting systems.
The testing procedure included the following functional checks:
- Interlock test of the 30 contacts with a test force of at least 25N.
- Test of the internal wiring network.
- Test of the electronic assemblies.
- Motorized actuation of the switching stages of a rotary selector with the corresponding electrical test.
- Earth conductor test with a minimum current load of 10A on five contacts. Due to the required amperage, the contacts needed to be activated via a special relay matrix.
- Checking the presence of various assembly parts.
A modular design was chosen for the mechanical design of the test system to facilitate the adaptation of the system to various ballast housing models.